Monday, October 25, 2010

I can do anything in 15 minutes!!

Does 15 minutes really make that big of a difference? Well this morning it surely does! Really it was 13-ish minutes but who's counting right?! I got out of bed just a few minutes early and the difference in my morning so far is tremendous. Let me start by saying that God did not give me the early bird gene in any shape or form. Now, don't get me wrong, when necessary I can get moving at any hour of the AM. But on most occasions I am very intimate with the snooze button in the morning. It is sad to say that my children get up and get dressed before I do. (I am just teaching them good habits for later in life, right?) Anyway, my natural alarm clock works best around 9 am. If I go to bed at 10 getting up at 6 is killer. On the other hand I can stay up till midnight and wake naturally somewhere between 8 and 9. Practically the same amount of hours...but the difference is beyond comparison! Many times throughout my adult life thus far I have attempted to turn myself into a morning person. Let's just say I decided that it is not productive to set the bar so high so in my best interest I left that alone!

So this morning I am up early (kind of). Was able to make sure Bailey took her fish oil supplement (that is a whole other blog post!), found Caden's folder, started the embroidery machine to work on an order, filled the mailbox full of outgoing orders from the weekend, lovingly and patiently kissed the kiddos bye while we waited for the bus. I will not even go into how this is opposite from the days that I sleep 15 minutes later. FIFTEEN minutes....that is just crazy. But it is true! They say you can do anything for 15 minutes...I use that theory sometimes when things need cleaning around the house. I have actually set a timer for 10-15 minutes...picked a chore and worked on it till the timer went off. It is amazing how much you can get done that way...and it makes you realize that most chores around the house really do not take that much time as long as you stick to the chosen chore and do not flitter from room to room making a bigger mess than when you started! So this morning, I picked 15 minutes to ramble here on the blog!

I am excited to move on with the rest of my day! Hope everyone is having a good morning and if you are not, stop, take 15 minutes to work on something you need/want to do and when you are done with that I gaurantee you will feel refreshed and accomplished!



3 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I'm following from Free Hot Samples blog hop. I would love a follow back :)
    www.mysteryshoppingteacher.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from the blog, hope you can follow back.
    God Bless,
    Shelley
    http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-hops_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you got just that little extra done. Sometimes it makes the world of difference! Although sometimes all I want to do is sleep and nothing can drag me out of that bed!

    ReplyDelete